Friday, January 8, 2010

My state after 2 States

Like the title suggests....yeah...Im reading another one...!! :))
Chetan Bhagat is a funny writer....without doubt...all his books have been great reads..!! It exceptionally feels nice to read his books because it has a whole lot of India in it...I mean the other international books I read...all but have a glimpse of India...which gets me "Ooohh..India..." His books are all in India..!!

I still havent completed it....but whats left me ruminating is how shallow India still is..!! The desperate attempts Krish has to make to get Ananya's family to like him. The back of the book is SO true..!!

Love marriages around the world are simple:
Boy loves girl..girl loves boy..They get married....
In India, there are a few more steps:
Boy loves girl. Girl loves boy.
Girl's family has to love boy. Boy's family has to love girl.
Girl's family has to love boy;s family. Boy's family has to love girl's family.
Girl and boy still love each other. They get married.

It is sick really. People are still stuck on what caste one comes from. Honestly, are any of the families asked to change their caste or belief? Why the parents are hugely repulsed by inter-caste marriages, I never understand. Nor will I, ever.

Thank God, it doesnt concern me in person...maybe someday it will. I am not sure parents are as modern and forward as they claim to be...take Krish's mother for that matter. Though yeah, this particular dialogue she uses...referring to all South Indians like Hema Malini and Sridevi having it hot for North Indian guys...LOL..!!

Oh, and one thing I dont understand....why is Krish's life in IIT so much like Hari's (from Five Point Someone)
His grades were low, like Hari's. His girlfriend was a professor's daughter, like Hari, and several incidents which took place in Hari's life....occure is Krish's too...and he even refers to them like they already happened. Is this some kind of a joke...or maybe something to make the book compelling..??
Well if it is, it certainly isnt needed, coz the book is awesome without it too..!!

Will definitely complete the book today. I just hope Krish and Ananya get together in the end, coz the prologue suggests otherwise..!! I always stop myself from reading the epilogue beforehand. Hope to continue that till the end of the book...

Listening to Leave Out All the Rest by Linkin Park....again from Twilight...!! :))
A very unlike Linkin Park song though....no shouting or screaming...wish they did more songs like that...!!

When my time comes
Forget the wrong that Ive done...Help me leave behing some..reasons to be missed
Dont resent me
When you're feeling empty..Keep me in your memories...leave out all the rest

The lyrics are so realistic....people have a tendency to observe..and remember...all possible faults in a person....but hardly ever notice the merits..!! And I accept it, even I spot the faults first...the merits later...much later...and sometimes...in case of no contact with the person...don't even come to know the merits...!!

Oh, and I completed The Lost Symbol too...(DONT READ THE NEXT LINE IF YOU ARE READING/PLANNING TO READ THE BOOK) Never in my wildest thoughts had I expected Ma;'akh to be..Zachary Solomon..... exhilarating really...Dan Brown is pure genius. But some of what he writes literally goes over my head. And yeah, Just like Langdon, I also closed the book with Hope that something miraculous will happen..!!

Hasta la vista (inspired by Camp Rock lol...saw it on youtube today....I mean the song...the movie isnt worth a single watch)
Oh...and I strongyl recommend...read 2 States..!!
Bye now..!! :))


No comments:

Post a Comment